Currently the following opportunities are available:
We are looking to employ an experienced cabinet maker and foreman for our workshop in Bangkok, Thailand. Employment will be on a yearly renewable contractual basis.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5-7 years current experience. Candidates should be highly organized and have fine attention to detail.
Candidates must have the following skills
• Be able to work independently on multiple custom projects
• Be able to read and interpret shop drawings
• Be able to set up and operate all woodworking machinery and power tools; such as sliding table saw, spindle molder, planer, veneer press, band saw, overhead router, and other typical workshop equipment
• Have an in depth understanding of hand tools
• Have an understanding of workshop safety
• Be skilled in traditional joinery in addition to modern cabinet making techniques
• Experience in veneering – both layout and application.
As well as working on specific custom projects, the candidate will supervise a small team of experienced cabinetmakers and will be expected to share their knowledge and experience with the team, provide training and to help to keep projects on track. They will be responsible for keeping the workshop well organized and ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained.
The Candidate will report to Operations Manager who is British.
Job location is at our workshop in Bangsue, Bangkok
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 12 noon
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RETAIL SALES PERSONNEL
Alexander Lamont is looking for sales personnel for his galleries located in Thailand’s elegant hotels and malls.
Applicants should be sophisticated and well presented, keen to work within a dynamic retail sales team, to assist clients from all over the world and to engage with beautiful objects and display spaces within the context of a growing brand. Excellent spoken and written English are essential and interviews will be conducted only in English.
• Assist clients with informative, detailed presentations of Alexander Lamont’s products
• Manage all sales documentation (invoice/receipt, Vat refund, quotation)
• Manage shop display to a high standard within the guidelines provided by Alexander Lamont
• Manage stock control in coordination with Alexander Lamont HQ
• At least 2 years’ experience in retail sales
• Confident, sophisticated and well presented
• Outgoing, friendly, service minded personality
• Excellent communication skills
• Passionate about art, craftsmanship and beautiful objects
• High quality experience in shop display
• Excellent Command of English
Send resume, photo and current and expected salary to: email@example.com